Thursday, October 1, 2009

Much needed update.

Wow. It's been forever. My apologies; big life changes have been happening in the last month!

End of August brought on a crazy chain of events... my living situation was changed last minute, and Savhna and I ended up moving in with my dad. CRAZY, to say the very least... that is a whole other issue for a different day. Anyway, within the 3 days of moving to my dads and having stress levels through the roof, I was laid off at Chicago Title. This was a really sad thing for me surprisingly. For some reason I thought I'd be sort of relieved... but I was devastated! I miss the people so much, and even to this day, I still catch myself thinking about them all the time. I saw Carmen today and actually have been in to visit a few times :) I was in and out of the doctor's office with this horrible rash/hives that came out of nowhere. Originally my family and I thought it was an allergic reaction that I'd gotten from a lunch in Bremerton for nanny's 80th. Wrong. It continued for the next 2 weeks and I still see signs of it today. It's been insane, itchy, and uncomfortable to say the very least.

Moral of the story: It's been SUPER transitional. Just a crazy month. Last weekend we had our annual YL kick off weekend, and it was great. We welcomed Lexi (proud mama I am ) and Kyle Thon to our team. It's been an exciting ride and I'm blessed to have them as team members this year. I'm babysitting as much as i can because i'm trying not to freak out about my current financial state! But as October just began, I'm getting SO excited for our Ethiopia trip! We leave in 28 days... it is approaching quick. We have been finalizing our last steps toward our trip; we have a huge packing party at the end of the month, and we are also being commissioned by our church at the end of the month. Usually for missions to go out they commission each team at the Refuge each month. It's typically a smaller gathering and just happens one time a month. On the weekend of the 24th and 25th, at ALL four services, our church will be commissioning us off:) That's INCREDIBLE! They really want to make it clear to our church how big of a deal this is; so every single person at any service will be involved. It's going to be great, and I'm very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment